For something that 69 percent of people put in their mouth at least twice a day, toothpaste is surprisingly toxic. While traditional toothpaste is effective at removing and preventing plaque build-up, preventing cavities, and fighting gum inflammation, a lot of its ingredients are not safe.

The most common reason parents call Poison Control is because their child has swallowed (or intentionally eaten) toothpaste.

Potential Toothpaste Health Problems

Toothpaste Ingredients used in your mouth bypass your body’s protective filtering systems and are absorbed directly into your blood. Overexposure to these toxins can lead to cancer, birth defects, renal failure and death. Many toothpaste ingredients banned in Canada, are sold in the U.S. and are linked to child overactivity and more.

While the small concentrations of toxic toothpaste chemicals may not cause any immediate problems they can still significantly affect the rest of the body’s overall health. This includes bacterial pneumonia, breast cancer, cardiovascular disease, dementia, diabetes, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), osteoporosis, prostate cancer, and unexplained weight gain.

Toothpaste Harm to Your Teeth

Teeth become sensitive when tooth enamel is worn away, and the permeable tooth layer below, known as dentin, is exposed. Many toothpastes are overly abrasive and actually strip away tooth enamel, which may not grow back. The 1st protocol a dentist will recommend for patients with sensitive teeth is a less abrasive toothpaste.

Toxins Ingredients in Toothpaste

Our Recommended Toothpaste
Safe and High Performance